PXT Select™: Making Decisions About Hiring Simpler and Smarter
You’ve all been there. Your ads and job board postings generated dozens of resumes. After screening the best ones with a phone call, holding multiple interviews, and checking previous employment references (that didn’t add much), you made an offer that was accepted. You invested time in orientation, set up their office, provided training, and introduced them to customers. Now, a few months later you’re wondering about the decision. Your new employee has alienated direct reports and production has suffered. Even a few customers have called to complain. Imagine a better way?
Higher Ground Consulting Group, LLC is pleased to be an Authorized Partner for PXT Select™, a validated assessment tool that helps fill the gap between the resume and the interview. It provides you with actionable data about candidates in a simple to understand format that can help you to interview better and hire smarter. As beneficial as this information might be, you should never make hiring decisions based solely on any selection assessment results.
Simple. Human. Smart.
What is PXT Select™ and how will it help me make better hiring decisions?
- PXT Select™ is designed to take the guesswork out of hiring. Hiring managers and owners receive a simple report that helps you decide how well a candidate fits the job.
- The results offer a clear picture of each candidate’s cognitive abilities, behavioral traits, and interests. Matched with a researched Performance Model for the position, you now have an edge in making the right hiring decision.
- Custom interview questions, based on the candidate’s responses, make interviewing less stressful. You even get tips on “what to listen for” when the candidate responds.
- Additional reports offer managers insights about how to coach and onboard the new hire.
Is PXT Select™ only for large companies or certain industries?
- PXT Select™ can be used to hire candidates for positions in any organization, large or small. There are Performance Models for all types of industries from entry-level to top executive. The goal is finding the best fit for whatever position is being filled.
- Performance Models can be customized to your organization’s unique needs using a variety of methods.
What can a candidate expect when completing a PXT Select™ online assessment?
- PXT Select™ is powered by computerized adaptive testing (CAT), a multiple-choice, online process that selects questions based on the candidate’s previous responses and tailors the level of difficulty to his or her ability.
- A custom email invitation provides a link to the Assessment Center where an orientation video introduces the assessment with instructions for how to proceed.
- Most candidates set aside an hour to complete the assessment, some will need more time while others may need less.
- The assessment measures three areas that impact an individual’s approach to their work – Thinking Style, Behavioral Traits, and Interests.
How does PXT Select™ support me after the hire?
- Each PXT Select™ assessment that is purchased includes a suite of helpful reports to assist managers and owners with onboarding, coaching, and developing their new hire. The reports fit three categories.
- Selection Reports
- Comprehensive Selection Report: The primary report used for selection purposes. It answers the question, “Is the candidate a good fit?” and includes interview questions.
- Multiple Candidates Report: Used to compare multiple candidates to one open position.
- Multiple Positions Report: Allows you to compare one candidate to several open positions within the organization.
- Performance Model Report: Shows one Performance Model and the desired ranges so you can learn about the ideal candidate for that role.
- Participant Reports
- Individual’s Feedback Report: Provides one candidate’s results in narrative format without scores, so they can learn more about themselves (even if you don’t hire them).
- Individual’s Graph Report: Provides one candidate’s results in graph form. Ideal for those candidates who are more visual learners.
- Onboarding/Development Reports
- Coaching Report: Takes the mystery out of how to help the new hire succeed with coaching tips included.
- Manager-Employee Report: Get started on the right foot, by comparing the new hire’s results with their manager. Feedback is written to the manager so they can work together effectively, even if they have some differences.
- Team Report: See how the candidate fits an existing team or use it to address existing team dynamics.
- Your investment just got more valuable. Contact us for a FREE sample report.
How do I get started with PXT Select™?
- For the quickest response, call Ken Byler at 215.799.1216 or email to email@example.com.
- We will schedule a FREE, no-obligation appointment to show you how this powerful, validated tool can make selection and succession planning more accurate, enjoyable, and stress-free.
Reduce the high costs of making bad hires. PXT Select™ makes the very human decisions about hiring simpler and smarter.
PXT Select™ is a registered trademark of John Wiley & Sons, Inc. All rights reserved.